I absolutely love when it's General Conference weekend. We get to hear the Prophet speak and all the things we should be focusing on in our lives. It's wonderfully refreshing and I always go away with something I needed to hear/know. We really try to help the boys prepare for this and we will have a special Family Home Evening where we talk about conference and all our prayers for a few days prior are about how grateful we are to hear the Prophets speak in conference. The boys have really started grasping it and are usually pretty excited. We made it special for them by putting the couch cushions on the floor, making them little beds. They get their pillows and have a cute little bed to listen to conference. Van is able to stay put pretty well, but Weston usually ends up cuddled up with me and falls asleep 2nd session. I was so proud of them for being so patient and listening to all 4 sessions of conference. Way to go boys!

No comments:
Post a Comment