This birthday was pretty great. It's the first one I haven't had the ugly birthday entitlement lingering over me. I even did laundry and dishes on my birthday and didn't even feel any woe-is-me at all. Hooray. I'm finally maturing....guess older is better. :)
The day before my birthday I went with a friend to the coast. It was in the 80's by us, and I looked up and it was in the 70's at the coast. Perfect, right? When we first got there it was perfect, just a little windy. Then the kids went splashing in the water....that combined with the wind, which was picking up, made for some uncomfortable conditions. The tide which we were a safe distance from, decided to do a sneak attack, got our blanket and some towels wet. Blah. I had been a cool mom and bought a dollar store beach ball, not good when it's so windy. Van tried to play with it, it got away from him and led him about a mile away til the ball finally got out of sight. My friend had been slowly walking to get him and when she finally caught up to tell him forget the ball and don't go that far away again, she turned back to see how far they had actually gone, she did not enjoy that. Once Van ran back to me, his inner thighs were rubbed raw, all the kids were sandy and shivering, and they were ready to go. I think we ended up staying an hour, which was pretty good under the circumstances. Oh and funny story, right when we got to the beach we were stopped by a news guy who wanted to interview us about people coming to the coast for the good weather. HAHA.
We decided to salvage the day and went down main street to an arcade and played for a while, then went on a carousel. The kids did have a good time. All in all fun. Good thing to remember for next trip: check the wind report, not just temp.
We were at the "Goonies" beach
Betty had a blast chasing birds
When we first got there...still having fun
Van on the reindeer
Weston on his "mermaid horse"
Then on my actual birthday we went to Jameson Square: a water park. I went with another friend who had never been before. It's right by Derek's work so he got off a bit early and met us. Derek and the kids played in the water and had a blast while I got some nice rest in the shade with my friend. Then we went to Ben and Jerry's store for some ice cream. So fun. I got a home made fancy dinner and some cake a la Derek. It was a great day!
At Jameson Square
Eating our ice cream
Cake, Yum!
Then on Saturday Derek and I got to go out to dinner and a movie. We saw Iron Man 3. It was really good and was nice that we could get away from the kids. :) Thanks Mama for watching them! I am blessed with such an amazing family and friends. I love you all!







No comments:
Post a Comment