Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weston's Monster Party


Weston wanted a monster party. I was super happy, since a friend of ours just had a monster party for their 1 year old, so I was able to get a lot of printable cutesy things for free. Yea!

Only one change......Van had a bad case of pink eye, so we had to change the party to the following weekend! Luckily the kids weren't 100% sure of when the party was going to be so they just kept asking,"My monster party is going to be soon". Yup, it is.


Well, we had the party yesterday (Saturday). All the kids had a great time, it was definitely a success! 

I think what really helped was that we rented a bounce house (and found a great deal: $100 for 8 hours--all the other prices we could find were $200 for 4 hours). We invited some of our close friends with kids around Weston's age. There were only 8 kids (including two 1 year olds) so not too many. We had pizza, chips, watermelon, and a pinata. The decorations were adorable, thanks to the free printable monster stuff. All the parents sat around, chatted, and watched the kiddos. We had so much fun. Boy am I glad that's done. Phew.

I will upload all the pics tonight (hopefully)!

Haha, that was a while ago. "tonight" turned into unable to upload to our computer for some reason, which turned into I've lost all umph to post these. Sorry. 

Here they are (only a month and a half later):

First off, it was an absolutely beautiful day. The weather was perfect.





The boys excitedly watching the men set up the bounce house.

 Birthday Boy




Easiest Party Ever! All the kids loved the bounce house, so spent all their time doing that. Parents sat outside watching, men ended up gradually moving inside to chat, while ladies stayed outside. 



We even bought a bubble machine for the party, which was mildly interesting for a few minutes....


Some kids loved it more than others.

Then time for the piñata. We started with smallest to biggest. First up, Lily.

Then Carolyn

Then Emelia

Birthday Boy

Gabe

And Van

We asked all the kids if they wanted another turn, but only the boys did (that figures). Here's Weston for the "kill."

We had GF cupcakes

 ...and regulars

Blowing out his candles

Presents!


(check out Van's face--haha)

After present bouncing...shirts optional


This really was a low stress awesome party. We had pizza, chips, salsa, watermelon, and drinks. The parents had a good time chatting while the kids had a good time bouncing and playing in our toy room. The party started at 11:00, which in Mormon time means 11:30 and lasted until 2:30. That seems long to me but it was so stress free (once the mad dash to get all the last minute details in place) that I didn't even realize how late it was. Yea! I think bounce houses might make a comeback to future parties (poor Van with a January birthday--don't think he will ever see a bounce house at his parties).


1 comment: