Saturday, March 4, 2017

Aunt Shawna's Birthday Present

I had recently taught the 8-11 year old girls at our Commonwealth School how to embroider and then make pillows. Weston saw what I had created at school and he wanted to make one himself. It was perfect timing because Aunt Shawna's birthday was coming up. We found out her favorite animal (giraffe) and we knew she likes turquoise, so (with some help) he got started embroidering a giraffe on some fabric. Then we pulled out the sewing machine and I showed him how to sew a pillow. He was at the controls, doing it himself. He did a great job and was super proud of what he created and couldn't wait the few days until Aunt Shawna came over so he could give it to her. I loved seeing the excitement and joy he experienced at gift giving. There is no joy quite comparable as the joy we receive when serving others. 
When he gave it to her, she cried happy tears....totally awesome! Way to go Weston!








No comments:

Post a Comment