I love them so much! They are going to look amazing hanging on my walls. Yea!
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Silhouettes
For a while now I've been dying to get some pictures on the walls in our home. I mean, what kind of an artist doesn't have art hanging up? I have some up now and am working on getting some frames and things to put in them. I thought it would be cool to have everyone's silhouette. I looked up online to find where I can get these made and found some, but they are $15-25 a pop. I know I can make them if only I had photoshop. Just today I looked up to see how to make a silhouette profile without photoshop. Someone gave some quick directions and I totally did it! Yea! I'm always SO happy when I'm able to figure stuff out (on the cheap). I think they're totally adorable and I can't wait to get frames so I can put them all up!
Here are the pictures:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Those are so great. I remember seeing something like this in my neighbors house growing up. I love them so much, I wish you could show me. :)
ReplyDeleteI will try to help you.... It was really easy, just a little time consuming.
Delete1. Take profile pics
2. Upload to a photo editing website (I used Picmonkey.com)
3. Under "effects" choose "draw" (it automatically comes up with white--use that and adjust the size of the circle)
4. slowly white out all the background around the face. You can zoom in on the picture to see the detail better--make the circle smaller at this point.
5. After only face is left, go to "basic edits" choose "exposure" and move the contrast button all the way to the right (it will totally black out the face).
6. If you are wanting it a specific photo size (I did 8X10)go to "basic edits" "crop" the drop down that says "no fixed proportions" will have the sizes.
7. I added a name and year. Go to "text" choose font, then add and move it to the desired area.
That's it. Not hard, just takes time to color white all around the face. Totally worth it though. They turn out fantastic.