Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year 2017

We have made it to 2017! 

Derek and I have been married for 13 years. Derek is 36, I am 34.5, Van is almost 10, Weston is 7.5, Ruby is 2.5. I have decided to make some blog posts to turn them into a yearbook at the end of the year. I'm excited about this and hope I find time to blog. 

Being that it's the beginning of the year, I think I'll start with goals for the year. 

Personal goals:
  • enjoy the kids
  • write in my Journal at least once a week
  • have personal prayers at least twice a day
  • personal scripture study daily
  • start family council (every fast Sunday)
  • make a family mission statement and post it in the house
  • attend the temple at least once a month (preferably with Derek)
  • read the Book of Mormon
  • read at least 12 classic books
  • study the Doctrine and Covenants along with Sunday School this year
  • work out at least 3 days a week
  • Building:
    • finish built in bookshelf/entertainment center
    • dining table
    • refinish dining chairs
    • dining bench
    • make removable frame for around the TV
    • refinish king headboard, finish decorating Derek and my room
Family goals:
  • read the Book of Mormon every day
  • family read aloud every weekday
  • junk food only on special occasions
  • ride bikes as a family at least once a week (weather permitting)
  • play family games at least once a week
I have realized that since these lists are very specific and some may seem somewhat daunting, so I have given myself reasonable expectations. I feel that if I am making baby steps towards these goals then I'm doing a good job. As long as I'm moving in the right direction and progressing, then that's a win. Hopefully I can keep a positive outlook on goals this year.





No comments:

Post a Comment