Science Cube and Beach. This was our last day in California. We decided to have it be a low key kind of day. We went to a science museum. I'm so grateful that we are OMSI members up here (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry), it allows us free entry into many other museums in different states. We only spent about an hour at that museum; once the two schools bombarded the small space, it wasn't worth staying. It was fine, this was our low key day. We didn't mind. We went back to the hotel, ate lunch, and then went to the beach where we met up with Risa and Abby. What luck that she had Thursday off of work! Dang I miss Risa. As a child, I had always imagined growing up and living down the street from her and her family and raising our kids together (just like our childhood). Reality is never what we expect it to be. It's funny how we can meet up after years and it's like nothing has changed.
A day at the beach in CA in winter felt like a summer day at the Oregon coast. It was the coldest day in CA, but that didn't stop the kids from getting soaked. They had a blast. After the beach, we went to eat at Harbor House then to the hotel and went swimming in the hotel pool and spa.
Weston my monkey boy
After Van took one step up he was out of hand grips....too tall.
In the stairwell Van excitedly exclaimed, "DaVinci's flying machine!"
Derek flying an air plane
With the wings on, the pulls of lift and drag could really be felt.
Ruby flying the plane.
Seal Beach
The boys were excited to see this naval ship.
Harbor House
Ris and me
What an amazing trip we had. I love my family so much. I'm so grateful for this time were able to go on this vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment